Writing Books/Advice needed

Question
QUESTION: All right, I'm trying to get a book going, and I know my characters well, but whenever I start writing, I either have to write all day, or I get bored with it. I want to know if this means it's not really 'the book' if it means I get bored of writing it, or that I should just write -all- the time. I love writing, and I don't see why this should be a problem.

ANSWER: If you get bored writing it, then think how your potential readers are going to be.

Don't write all day. Anyone would get burn-out and loose their creativeness.

Write everyday, but only when you are inspired and have something that benefits the plot and progresses the story line. Otherwise, don't try, you'll only damage the plot.

QUESTION: All right, I see what you are saying. And nice quote by the way! So I should only write when inspired, but what if the part of the book that I'm inspired about is not where I currently am in the book? Let's say that I wanted to write the climax of the storyline, but if I actually wrote it, I may have to keep rewriting it as I progressed? Should I write the climax anyways, or just wait until I'm actually -there-?

Answer
You might have an idea for the climax, but the ending is not created as yet.

Why?

Because a good writer's characters write the story and ending.

How can you write the end when your characters haven't evolved to it et?

Stop worrying about those things.

Write your storyline and let your characters develop and evolve. They write the story.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett