Writing Books/Advice needed

QUESTION: All right, I'm trying to get a book going, and I know my characters well, but whenever I start writing, I either have to write all day, or I get bored with it. I want to know if this means it's not really 'the book' if it means I get bored of writing it, or that I should just write -all- the time. I love writing, and I don't see why this should be a problem.

ANSWER: If you get bored writing it, then think how your potential readers are going to be.

Don't write all day. Anyone would get burn-out and loose their creativeness.

Write everyday, but only when you are inspired and have something that benefits the plot and progresses the story line. Otherwise, don't try, you'll only damage the plot.

QUESTION: All right, I see what you are saying. And nice quote by the way! So I should only write when inspired, but what if the part of the book that I'm inspired about is not where I currently am in the book? Let's say that I wanted to write the climax of the storyline, but if I actually wrote it, I may have to keep rewriting it as I progressed? Should I write the climax anyways, or just wait until I'm actually -there-?

You might have an idea for the climax, but the ending is not created as yet.

Because a good writer's characters write the story and ending.

How can you write the end when your characters haven't evolved to it et?

Stop worrying about those things.

Write your storyline and let your characters develop and evolve. They write the story.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.