Writing Books/rights

What does it mean when publishers say they buy first world rights?

That means if the book gets an offer to print in China, Japan, the UK, etc. the original publisher retains all rights to it and can accept or refuse. You have no say.

Also, the original publisher, gets a huge fee off sales in other countries. It is standard to some point, but can be tricky.

Check with an attorney that deals with publishing/authors to see if that is a way for you to go or not.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.