Writing Books/writing books

would like tto know what is the limit of words can be used.
What is the best way of completing the book.

Generally speaking, there is no word limit.  However, there are some exceptions to this, depending on circumstances.  For example, most publishers don't want to see huge books from previously unpublished authors.  Publishing is, of course, a risk.  There's virtually no guarantee that any book will sell, and "untested" authors are considered to be very risky.  So they'll want a shorter book from them (maybe in the neighborhood of 100 - 120 thousand words), so as to keep their costs down.

Other exceptions fall into the realm of genre publishing.  Romance, for example.  Some publishers of romance are very explicit in how many words they want in a book.  So it's always best to check the publisher's listings in books such as WRITER'S MARKET to find out what they're looking for.

Your second question... I'm not sure what you mean.  Can you clarify?

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales

I am a speculative fiction novelist (fantasy, science fiction, and so on). While I may be able to answer questions on non-fiction, my specialty is fiction. Please keep that in mind when asking questions.

For four years, I taught a series of fiction writing classes in Sacramento, CA.

BA in fiction writing.

My 2004 novel, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, won BEST FICTION in Fresh Voices 2006, BEST FICTION and BEST YA FICTION in the NCPA Book Awards, and placed as a finalist in BEST BOOKS 2005. In 2002, my novel WISH YOU WERE HERE won awards for Best Fantasy and Best Fiction/Drama in the 8th Annual SPA Awards. My latest work is a trilogy titled THE MANY DEATHS OF DYNAMISTRESS (a superhero memoir). The first book, RECKONING, was released in 2013 and won the SF category in the 2014 San Francisco Book Festival, took second place in the 2013 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards for the SF/Fantasy/Paranormal category, second place in the SF category of the 2013 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Awards, and was finalist in Foreword's 2013 Book of the Year Awards, Fantasy category. The second book, REDEMPTION, will be released in early 2015 and the final book, RENAISSANCE, is scheduled for release in late 2016.