Writing Books/Agent in AustralAsia for Non-fiction

HI Sandy,
Your advise to all budding authors is to definitely get an agent to act on their behalf. I realise how important this is, but as you rightly stated: it is a problem and I recognise this too.
I am based in Singapore at the moment but my home is in Germany. A publisher in Singapore has accepted my proposal but I am not very happy with the contract.This is where an agent can make the difference.
My question is: where can find an agent in AustralAsia? Can you please help me.

Dear Nancy,

The best place to start hunting for an agent who works around the world but is based in Australasia is:

All of the agents listed are reputable and should be able to advise you. Please read (but do not be put off by) the websites instructions about contacting an agent. As you have a publisher lined up getting an agent should be an easier task than is normally the case with authors without a publisher.

All the best with your venture.

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon

Author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a memoir and children's fiction.I can work with people on the process of writing, what to expect and ask for from an editor. How to work with the publisher`s marketing and publicity people. And how to survive book launches and publicity tours!

Published author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a young adult and three non-fiction titles. Visit his Moroccan blog at for a look at his blogging work.

St Andrews, Helsinki University and other institutions. Adult Educator of the Year Award, Australia