Writing Books/New Author

Question
Dear Jannie,

Salutations, how are you. I am a new author. I write books based on Christianity and how I am called to become a nun. See I am 22 years old. And my writing comes naturally. I thank God for giving me this talent. I am trying to write a book with 289 pages. I have a plot and I need to know about charactorization. I have right now written just chapter one.

I am teaching my readers about Jesus and my walk with him and what, when and how Catholicism faith is. And how it was founded whom founded it. And when was it founded. I am writting about the Jewish roots of Catholicism. Why do we catholics do that. And such. I also am trying to write about my life as well. Do you know any Catholic publishers that are in NJ area? How much will my work be if I get it published. Oh my book is called A thousand Roses. I thought it would be a cute title. Dont you think so....

How do I send out my manuscript. I am a christian/memore author. That is what I am good at. And I write prayers as well as poems. How do I get notice! Oh and my book cover is black and white the middle is black with a bible and a rose on the bible. And the words A Thousand Roses are in black bold letters. So do you like the title I also did go and take a class for book writting but I have a natural talent since I was a kid.  So also anyway I could make changes in peoples lives and how to impact them with Jesus. And how to get them to say this is a great book and to be on the best sellers list?

*Warning Note: This isnt to you Jannie this warning is to others because I am just warning others not to copy my title or my book or else they get fined!

Answer
Get with reality. Chances are all the good ideas you have thought up will not be any the publisher will want. They don't like new authors to "fix up" their book and promos...

And, chances of being published is slim for a new author without an agent. So don't get your hopes up without an agent. Publishers do not accept unsolicited manuscripts.

Get an agent. He/she will do the rest.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett