Writing Books/dialogue

Question
i have difficulty with the correct use of written dialogue. i have checked several sites and books.

is there software that specifically deals with dialogue and or creative writing, or do you have clear answer as a rule to follow when writing dialogue?

Answer
Hi, Mike!  I saw your question in the question pool and thought I'd offer to help out.

But, I'm afraid I don't understand the question very well. What do you mean by "correct use?" Do you mean what SORT of things that should be dialogue versus internal thoughts, or do you mean the FORMAT, or how dialogue should appear in the manuscript (indented, quotations, etc.?)

Give me a little more detail, and I'll be happy to help. :)

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp