Writing Books/characters' background and tone of speech

i want to write i novel. most story i very well developed in a storyline i created, but my main problem is that i am not doing in developing characters' backgrounds and tone of dialog     what do you recommend me to do? all my characters should have a specific tone of dialog and feelings? i hope you answer my question.

One of the best ways to develop a character is to "use" someone you know as an example... for example, if your character is going to be angry, watch those people around you and observe what they do and say when they are angry.  If your character needs to be sad, observe people around you when they are sad.

Then exaggerate the emotion. Make the anger or sadness a bit more intense.  

Then you have a great character.

Best of luck.  Sue

Writing Books

Sue Viders

I can answer various questions about how to create characters for fiction writers.

Two published books, Heroes and Heroines, and Ten Steps to Creating a Memorable Character, plus years of teaching both on-site and on-line

Several national magazines...had monthly columns