Writing Books/hi

right now i'm writing a novel and i wanna be a poet how can i be? answer me please

Hi, arein!

Well, if you want to be a poet, why are you writing a novel? They're sort of different schools of writing and one generally won't make you better at the other. There are lots of places on the web to go to increase your poetry skills and teach you the different forms of poems that are marketable today. One place I like a lot is a writer forum called AbsoluteWrite. They have a GREAT poetry forum where professional and amateur poets get together to brainstorm and show off their poetry. You can also ask questions and get good answers. They also have a list of markets posted where you can sell your poems once you've gotten your skill up. You might give them a try. Here's a link:

You'll probably notice that the place also has some great novel forums, so if you want to chat with others about your book, you can do that there too!  

Good luck with your writing. I hope it takes off for you.

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp

I'm happy to answer questions about any aspect of writing novels, from the beginning kernel of an idea through completion. I can help with writing a query letter and synopsis to an agent or editor. I can explain publishing terminology and acronyms. I can also assist with questions about verifying the credentials of agents/publishers and how to proceed once you've been accepted for publication. I can teach the rules of formatting a manuscript, creating viable plots, characterization and flow in the following genres: romance, science fiction, fantasy, thrillers, suspense, horror, women's fiction, mainstream and mystery.

I'm a USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance for Tor/Forge Books. Along with a co-author, I've published fifteen novels (combination of mass market and trade softcover) since 2003, and have contracts for four more books through 2011.

Romance Writers of America, Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Western Outdoor Writers, Horror Writers of America.

Tor/Forge Books, Western Reflections Publishing, BenBella Books, Running Press, Wild Child Publishing. Many others.

My educational background is limited to real life experience of publishing novels commercially for the past five years.

USA Today bestseller, Waldenbooks Mass Market Paperback Top 20 bestseller, Nielsen BookScan Top 20 bestseller, RT BOOKreviews Career Achievement Award winner, 2009, Book Buyers Best Award for Paranormal, Romantic Times Best Werewolf Novel, Write Touch Readers Award, EVVY Best Historical Chronicle Award, The Lories Best Paranormal. Many others.