Writing Books/styles of fiction

Question
Hi Vincent. to begin let me tell you that English is my second language, but I write English as good as i can.
I have a problem and that is my style. my style is complicated because i mix styles from Spanish literature like fantastic realism (the same style that Gabriel Garcia Marquez uses in his fiction novels) and the fantasy styles from English literature. in simple words I am mixing styles from Spanish fiction with English fiction. is that ok?
if I mix them in my novel it would sound awkward? are there other books that mix styles, or use new styles?

Answer
Salvador:

The simple answer to your question is:  Sure!  It's perfectly okay.  So long as it sounds good, anyway, and without reading it, I couldn't say.  But when it comes to things like style, there really aren't very many rules at all, and most of those can be broken by a good enough writer.

So write as you feel you need to.  Just do it well.

Good luck.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales