Writing Books/sase

Honestly, are sase's just a fast way to get a rejection, or has anyone actually gotten a return letter with "yes, we'd like to see it." The "yes we'd like to see it" responses I recieved were emailed and not letters in SASE's. So is it best not to even send one. (I don't belive they will say, "This is much better than  "Gone With the Wind" "The Godfather" and "War and Piece" But no sase. sigh. Can't reply.") I should say that my e-mail address is in the query, so does this make the sase unnecessary?

Actually, the acceptance for our first book to a small press WAS received in the SASE. Not every publisher/editor chooses to enter the electronic age. It can't be automatically assumed that the editor has access to a company email, and often the editor is taking manuscripts or queries HOME to read them. Most of the editors I know take work home nearly every night, so if there's no SASE, then they either have to try to log onto the company system from their home, or risk sending you a home email (which they generally won't do.) More than one editor has publically stated that they will discard any submission without an SASE, so it's just better to take the time and do as their guidelines ask. If they don't state it in their guidelines, then I tend to do it just as a courtesy.

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp

I'm happy to answer questions about any aspect of writing novels, from the beginning kernel of an idea through completion. I can help with writing a query letter and synopsis to an agent or editor. I can explain publishing terminology and acronyms. I can also assist with questions about verifying the credentials of agents/publishers and how to proceed once you've been accepted for publication. I can teach the rules of formatting a manuscript, creating viable plots, characterization and flow in the following genres: romance, science fiction, fantasy, thrillers, suspense, horror, women's fiction, mainstream and mystery.

I'm a USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance for Tor/Forge Books. Along with a co-author, I've published fifteen novels (combination of mass market and trade softcover) since 2003, and have contracts for four more books through 2011.

Romance Writers of America, Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Western Outdoor Writers, Horror Writers of America.

Tor/Forge Books, Western Reflections Publishing, BenBella Books, Running Press, Wild Child Publishing. Many others.

My educational background is limited to real life experience of publishing novels commercially for the past five years.

USA Today bestseller, Waldenbooks Mass Market Paperback Top 20 bestseller, Nielsen BookScan Top 20 bestseller, RT BOOKreviews Career Achievement Award winner, 2009, Book Buyers Best Award for Paranormal, Romantic Times Best Werewolf Novel, Write Touch Readers Award, EVVY Best Historical Chronicle Award, The Lories Best Paranormal. Many others.