Writing Books/writer's group

Question
Can you give me some links to really good up to date writer's groups. where i can post some parts of my recently finished memoir and get some feedback. thank you in advance?

Answer
Hi, Brandon!

The two where I primarily hang out are very up to date, with daily activity. The biggest one is AbsoluteWrite, which has over 22,000 members over 100 countries. The memoir/personal essay forum is very active, and there's a "Share Your Work" section where you can post parts to have people comment.  Here's the main link. You'll see that there are a BUNCH of rooms. I'd start with the Newbie Forum (the very first room in the list), to get a feel for the rules of the place. :)

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums

Then, there's another one that's good, called WritersNet. There are more lurkers there than active posters, but there are quite a few regular posters. They want smaller chunks of writing, and while those who comment can sometimes be harsh, they're VERY good. For this site, just make sure that you have all your punctuation, spelling and grammar fixed before you post, or that's all you'll wind up hearing about---rather than the writing itself.

http://writers.net/forum

Hope that helps, and look forward to seeing you around the boards! :)

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp