Writing Books/creating a world

Question
In a book I have planned I need to create my own sort of imaginary world, and I wanted to know what you think I should include in my plan to make this sucessful and how I would be able to develop it well enough so that it would be convincing and work with the story.
Thank you

Answer
This can not be taught or explained or answered.

No one can answer, "how I would be able to develop it well enough so that it would be convincing and work with the story." = that takes a talented, educated (in writing; i.e. knowing how to write, the basics of writing, writing rules), and a good writer.

I can not suggest "what to include in my (your) plan to make this successful." = You create your own fiction, whether this is sci-fi or fantasy (which I am assuming by your statement, "imaginary world")-- you can create it with NO limitations. A writer's imagination has no boundaries. To create a "believable" world, you must be consistent and keep it organized without contradiction. This is your imagination, not mine. Therefore, you as the writer, have no limitation in creating your imaginary world.

As far as "successful" goes-- no one can teach you "success" nor help you "succeed." This is your own responsibility and there are NO guarantees of success for writers.

You may never get published- thus, not successful.  

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett