Writing Books/writing a novel

Hello Iím Eileen and well, I am 11 years old, for years I have wanted to be an author, but I never had ideas, now that I started Middle School I have a whole bunch of things to say. The problem is that when I do write, it sounds really gloomy. Trust me, I am not the kind of person that gives up really easily, I wrote while I heard happy music, that didnít work. I tried to write small notes in my pocket notebook, but they were still really gloomy. I have ideas, I really do. I know that you are really busy, but I was wondering if you could, kind of, edit what I write and help me through. Even once a month would be ok. I just really want to do it, and I feel all I need is some guidance and I will write an awesome story, even if itís not the next Harry Potter hit, I will still feel accomplished ( since you are a writer, I know you know how good that can feel)
Thank you and please take me into consideration,

Hi Eileen,
It was good to get your question as you are the same age as I was when I started writing. Sadly, I can't take on any editing work as I am travelling in France where I am writing a new book.  However, don't give up!  Keep writing every day, even if it is just a little. Writing is something that you can really only learn by doing it regularly - that way you develop your own style. The other important thing is to read as much as you can. Every great writer is also a great reader!

Best of luck,

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon

Author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a memoir and children's fiction.I can work with people on the process of writing, what to expect and ask for from an editor. How to work with the publisher`s marketing and publicity people. And how to survive book launches and publicity tours!

Published author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a young adult and three non-fiction titles. Visit his Moroccan blog at for a look at his blogging work.

St Andrews, Helsinki University and other institutions. Adult Educator of the Year Award, Australia