Writing Books/Collecting true stories

Question
Some of my friends and I would like to collect stories from teachers on their experiences in the classroom.  We are also teachers.  We were wondering how we should go about collecting stories from other sources across counties and states.  What is the best way to collect stories from teachers?  Are there any useful websites that might help with this?

Thank you for taking time to answer this question!

Sincerely,
Casey

Answer
I think it's great that you and your friends are creating a book you and many others may be interested in.

To gather stories for the book I suggest that you create a website and post exactly what the book is about, samples of the stories you are looking for and a contact form where interested teachers can reach you with questions or to submit an article for the book.

Also be clear on who the publisher of the book is.  If you don't have a publisher let interested teachers know that you are searching for a publisher but that you have an agent, etc.  Also spell out payment plans (royalties, etc.) for book sales.

At some point you will need to work with an attorney and create a contract for all teachers who participate in the book project to read, review, sign and return to you.

To get the word out to teachers you can write and distribute a press release or/and market your website thru discussion groups at Google, Yahoogroups, etc.

Best wishes!

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell