Writing Books/LIFE STORY

Question
I have read a similar question on your site but I need to go 1 step further...I have other siblings and 4 of us(out of ten) want to write our childhood story, but it will incriminate our parents and other members of our family...can we still be sued if more than 1 of us say it is in fact true?  Thank you for your time..

Answer
Hello Charles,

This is more of a legal question than a writing questions, but I do believe that you would have to be able to prove the allegations. Whether or not two or more people say it, it is still hearsay. It would be your word against the parents, who, I am sure, would deny all.  You may be sued, but the trial would ruin them anyway.  Check with an attorney about libel.

BEst wishes,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris