Writing Books/Getting Started (Writing a Novel)

I am a huge book worm, I love to read.  I had a dream one night and decided I wanted to write a short story about it.  The problem was is that I ended up having enough material to write a bigger assignment.  I have never written a novel, but would like to. Where do I start?  How do I create Chapters?  I am very new to writing a novel, but would love to write this one.  I think its a very good story, and I hope it hasn't already been written.  Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Since you haven't written before, and at a loss on how to begin, I suggest you join a writer's group Online.

MSN is moving their groups, but check the groups out- under writers workshops.

Google that and see what you come up with.

You are a beginner, so I suggest you look for a group that encourages the beginner.

They can help you and encourage you, critique your work and you can learn from the more seasoned, writer(s).

It would take me too long to begin to explain the process to you, and you need to learn the writing rules and basics first.

Good luck and I hope you find a nice group- there are a lot of them out there. (they are free, too)

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.