Writing Books/WRITING

Question
I am writing a book on relaxation. There are many books that give techniques and steps to relax, or to massage, or to breath correctly. For example, ..now breath slowly for 3 seconds, hold for.... or they give specific steps for massage or they do the same for specific yoga movements. I'm wondering if those steps are copywrited or can someone else write a book citing those same steps almost word for word?

Answer
I wouldn't use the exact wording that you've read in another book explaining these steps. I would add your unique personality and author voice to the steps and techniques making it different, maybe fun, maybe humorous, something that has a difference about it.

You can not cite word for word because it is copyright infringement.

You must put this in your own words and your own voice.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett