Writing Books/WRITING

Question
I am writing a book on relaxation. There are many books that give techniques and steps to relax, or to massage, or to breath correctly. For example, ..now breath slowly for 3 seconds, hold for.... or they give specific steps for massage or they do the same for specific yoga movements. I'm wondering if those steps are copywrited or can someone else write a book citing those same steps almost word for word?

Answer

First - Congratulations on writing your book!

If the steps are universal you can use them. However, to avoid being accused of any copyright infringement, I would word the steps in my own creative way.

As an example, using what you wrote above for "now breath slowly for three seconds" - I would write - "Slowly inhale and exhale for three seconds."

I think that's what you are asking.  That is fine.

Best wishes with your book!

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell