Writing Books/children book publishing

Hi J.L.,

I am the author of 'Flavors of Burma -Cuisine and Culture from the Land of Golden Pagodas', published by Hippocrene, NY, 2003. Pleaser refer to for more details.

I have just completed a Children's book - An Australian alphabet book.  I am looking for Australian publishers but I  believe an American publisher might be interested in this  book.  As you have children books already published, would you be able to direct me to some of the publishers for me to contact?

Many thanks,

Hello Susan,

If your target is Australian, how about you aim for a UK agent first who can then negotiate International rights with both Australian an American publishers later. This way, you might save time in the long run not to mention aggravation.

Congrats on your book!

Writing Books

J.L. Slipak

Novel writing is my specialty but I've several articles advocating for human rights and the rights of special needs. I've also written children stories, historical romance, fantasy, trilogies, and non-fiction. I have editorial experience and have worked with literary agents, self-publishing, publishing companies in both the United States and Canada. I imagine I can answer any questions asked about this field, and if not, can direct the question to someone who could.

six articles, two novels, three children's books, two triologies and currently working on an auto-biography

BFA, working towards my masters