Writing Books/children book publishing

Question
Hi J.L.,

I am the author of 'Flavors of Burma -Cuisine and Culture from the Land of Golden Pagodas', published by Hippocrene, NY, 2003. Pleaser refer to www.shallweblog.com for more details.

I have just completed a Children's book - An Australian alphabet book.  I am looking for Australian publishers but I  believe an American publisher might be interested in this  book.  As you have children books already published, would you be able to direct me to some of the publishers for me to contact?

Many thanks,
Susan

Answer
Hello Susan,

If your target is Australian, how about you aim for a UK agent first who can then negotiate International rights with both Australian an American publishers later. This way, you might save time in the long run not to mention aggravation.

Congrats on your book!

J.L.

Writing Books

J.L. Slipak