Writing Books/memoirs

i am writing a memoir and i will be using real names. i am writing the truth and my friends are okay with me using their real names. i was wanting to know would they need to sign a release or contract or something for me to use their name?

Hello Brittany,

Yes. I would get their written permission to allow you the use of their names in your memoirs. Anything verbal can be denied later, but actual proof of consent would prevent anything ugly from cropping up once your book is completed.

Good luck,

Writing Books

J.L. Slipak

Novel writing is my specialty but I've several articles advocating for human rights and the rights of special needs. I've also written children stories, historical romance, fantasy, trilogies, and non-fiction. I have editorial experience and have worked with literary agents, self-publishing, publishing companies in both the United States and Canada. I imagine I can answer any questions asked about this field, and if not, can direct the question to someone who could.

six articles, two novels, three children's books, two triologies and currently working on an auto-biography

BFA, working towards my masters