Writing Books/paragraph about myself.

One agent asks for paragraph about myself for fiction novel query.
I am new writer, so what should I write? What exactly do they want to know about myself for fiction, as I am not an expert in what I am writing as in non fiction?

(They also ask for "publishing credits, if any"

Hello Demetrius:

A "paragraph about" yourself usually means a short biography, such as your name, general region where you live, i.e. "eastern Pakistan," what you do for a living, or are you a student? and a little about your writing experience.

You don't have to be an "expert" in anything in order to write fiction. If you are an expert in some non-fiction subject, that should also be added to your biography.

Publishing credits refer to any material you have already published, either in the way of books, magazine articles, essays or works published online.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high scores over 1350 questions.

And good luck with your writing!  

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication