Writing Books/software for writing a encyclopedia

Question
Hello, I am a Mac User and currently writing on an encyclopedia. I cannot find
the right software to manage all my data, e.g. sort alphabetically, sort by field.  
MS Word does not seam to be helpful.
Do you have any advise?

Answer
Hi Florian
Sorry for taking so long to reply - I have been away for a few days and I have not had access to my email.

MS Word has an alphabetical sort under the function called 'Sort' and you'll find it under 'Table' in the toolbar. I know it's the LAST place to find this but it works OK.

Make an alphabetical list - one word per line - and see how you go. if you have lots of data it might be best to use Excel.

Get back to me if I can help you further.
Paul

Writing Books

Paul Watt