Writing Books/Publishing a book

Thanks in advance Sandy for your assistance.
I have finished writing a book in spanish about personal growth and meditation and would like advise as to where to send it for evaluation.
Also if there is any group that you can recommend that could evaluate the manuscript for possible publishing.

Hola! Josė,

Thank you for the question. Your book sounds very interesting and is certainly a subject area that sells very well.

Having completed the book, the next step is to find an agent to represent you to publishers.  Direct contact with publishers is becoming very rare. If you live in a large city then you will have little trouble locating an agent. What is more important is to find an agent who has represented books like yours before. This may take some research, but should not be too hard.

Another reason for having an agent is the direct reply to your question. A good agent will evaluate your work and usually make very good suggestions as to how it can be improved. I would not recommend any group evaluation as these tend to be variable and, in the end without an agent, of no practical use.

I hope this helps and good luck with your book.

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon

Author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a memoir and children's fiction.I can work with people on the process of writing, what to expect and ask for from an editor. How to work with the publisher`s marketing and publicity people. And how to survive book launches and publicity tours!

Published author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a young adult and three non-fiction titles. Visit his Moroccan blog at for a look at his blogging work.

St Andrews, Helsinki University and other institutions. Adult Educator of the Year Award, Australia