Writing Books/childrens book

Question
I am writing a series of 3 kids books, with CD's to go along.  How do I print & press the books?  How long does it take?  What type of format must I have the book in?  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Also if you have any suggestions for marketing the book?  I am a teacher/musician.  Thank you kindly.

Answer
Congrats on working on your children's books!

I have never printed a book myself.  I suggest you reach out to a printer for that.

About marketing and promoting you can:
1) Write and submit press releases through distribution services, the Associated Press, etc.
2) Attend writer's conferences and sell and sign your books/CDs at the conferences
3) Write articles for the Internet, newspapers and magazines and include your website and book titles in your byline
4) Contact your local newspaper and ask if you can write a regular column so you can build an audience for your work
5) Contact local, regional, national and Internet radio stations and request to be interviewed.  Some good Internet radio directories at Blog Talk Radio, Live 365, Radio Locator and offline, Gebbie Press is a good resource
6) Create and mail 10-20 or more postcards to potential book buyers each week
7) Build a website and promote it weekly, if not daily
8) Join writers discussion groups (on and offline), actively engage in conversations and include your website URL at the bottom of each conversation string you submit
9) Contact libraries and bookstores to conduct book signings and workshops for children and their parents
10)Let your imagination and creativity work!  There are many, many (if not countless) ways to promote and market your books!

Believe in yourself!

All the best!  

Writing Books

Rhonda Campbell