Writing Books/Tribute Book

Question
QUESTION: Hi,

I am putting together a Tribute Book for a friend of mine.  Is there a certan format I should follow?  How many pages should it be?  

Thank you

ANSWER: Hi, Angie!

Unfortunately, I'm not certain what you mean by a "tribute" book. Do you mean a memoir that's the story of his life (or a specific event in his life?) Or do mean a scrapbook of photographs and other momentos just for his personal use? It's hard to know how to advise you without knowing.

Cathy

QUESTION: hi,

I am sorry I wasn't more clear.

A friend of mine, who is 77 years old, is having a "Celebration of his life" get-together.  I am putting together a "Tribute Book" about his life, his career, his children and grandchildren.  This book will include photos and accomplishments (like a high school yearbook).  It will also have a section about his siblings, children and grandchildren.

Thank you in advance,

Angie  

Answer
Hi, again, Angie!

I'd say that around 50-70 8-1/2" x 11" pages would be plenty. A lot depends on whether you put multiple photos on a page. If you divide it by section (accomplishments, career, family, etc.) it'll have more meaning. You might look at some of the scrapbook stores or at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. They often have some really interesting designs of prepackaged books for heirloom tributes. Good luck with it!

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp