Writing Books/correct format of dialogue in a novel

Question
Hi Jannie,
I have finished writing my first novel that will part of a series and am now in the editing and rewriting phase. My question is what is the correct way to write dialogue in manuscript form. I have read many articles about the formatting of manuscripts and have most of the answers I seek but I can't find out the proper way to format the dialogue in a manuscript and I would greatly appreciate any help you could give.

Thanking you in advance
Naomi

Answer
Dialogue is formatted with opening and closing quotations as normal in normal spaced sentences.

Anything italic is underlined.

Follow publisher's instructions for font and font size which is usually universal, proper indentations for beginning paragraphs, margins, and double spacing. Some publishers want title and author name on every page in upper right hand corner with page number.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett