Writing Books/correct format of dialogue in a novel

Hi Jannie,
I have finished writing my first novel that will part of a series and am now in the editing and rewriting phase. My question is what is the correct way to write dialogue in manuscript form. I have read many articles about the formatting of manuscripts and have most of the answers I seek but I can't find out the proper way to format the dialogue in a manuscript and I would greatly appreciate any help you could give.

Thanking you in advance

Dialogue is formatted with opening and closing quotations as normal in normal spaced sentences.

Anything italic is underlined.

Follow publisher's instructions for font and font size which is usually universal, proper indentations for beginning paragraphs, margins, and double spacing. Some publishers want title and author name on every page in upper right hand corner with page number.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.