Writing Books/I can't decide which to go with.

I have recently began writing a book and it's horror based. However I can't seem to decide between my first option which was the main character finds a guy who's all bloodied up and saves him but it turns out the guy he saves is a killer, or The main character lies about it and then gets half of everyone convinced he really did save some guy who's a killer while the other half believes he has a split personality. May I know which one sounds more interesting?

Truth is, it doesn't matter which one of these sounds more interesting at this point in time.  Even the most interesting idea can be done poorly, and even the most boring idea can be executed so well that it's fascinating.

I would suggest that before you make this decision, work on your character.  Figure him out.  Get to know him, his world and his life inside and out.  Only then can you decide your plot, because your plot should be designed to cause your protagonist as much difficulty and emotional turmoil as possible.  It may well be that what you finally decide is neither of these two options.

Good luck.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales

I am a speculative fiction novelist (fantasy, science fiction, and so on). While I may be able to answer questions on non-fiction, my specialty is fiction. Please keep that in mind when asking questions.

For four years, I taught a series of fiction writing classes in Sacramento, CA.

BA in fiction writing.

My 2004 novel, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, won BEST FICTION in Fresh Voices 2006, BEST FICTION and BEST YA FICTION in the NCPA Book Awards, and placed as a finalist in BEST BOOKS 2005. In 2002, my novel WISH YOU WERE HERE won awards for Best Fantasy and Best Fiction/Drama in the 8th Annual SPA Awards. My latest work is a trilogy titled THE MANY DEATHS OF DYNAMISTRESS (a superhero memoir). The first book, RECKONING, was released in 2013 and won the SF category in the 2014 San Francisco Book Festival, took second place in the 2013 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards for the SF/Fantasy/Paranormal category, second place in the SF category of the 2013 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Awards, and was finalist in Foreword's 2013 Book of the Year Awards, Fantasy category. The second book, REDEMPTION, will be released in early 2015 and the final book, RENAISSANCE, is scheduled for release in late 2016.