Writing Books/writing

I am writing a layman's book about respiratory disorders, basically for knowledge of one's own disorders. I do research and most of it is from experience. Do I need resources? I am a Doctor of Medicine; however, I don't currently hold an active practicing license.  I am in transition of attaining one. I do hold a respiratory care practitioner's license though.

Hello Joe

If this is a general book it may not need resources /references though at some stage you and your publisher will probably want to make a statement somewhere near the beginning of the book that you won't be held accountable for someone's misfortune if they mis-read or misinterpret the book.

I also assume your publisher will 'push' the book based on your experience rather than the credibility of resources.

I know this is a vague answer but until you have a publisher lined up it's hard to know what their 'pitch' will be and how your book would be framed accordingly.
Best wishes

Writing Books

Paul Watt

Advice on rewriting PhD dissertations into books; advice on sending manuscripts to scholarly publishers; how copyediting works; what to expect in the production process; explain what to do if a university press rejects your manuscript. I do NOT assess manuscripts

10 years publishing experience at Addison Wesley Longman, and Cambridge University Press Australia and the United Kingdom

Bachelor of Music; Master of Arts; PhD is almost finished! I also teach in editing and publishing courses at university level, both undergraduate and graduate