Writing Books/writing

Question
QUESTION: Hi. I have a couple of questions. First, what are the requirements for getting a literary agent? Also, do writers have to pick a niche? I mean, it's impossible to write a mystery novel and then a romance novel, right? Thanks

ANSWER: If you intend to write in different genres, then it would be best to get an agent that represents those different genres.

Otherwise, you'll have to have another agent to represent that particular genre.

As far as getting one, you have to have the novel written and finished, and research agents that specialize in that genre and query them.  If they are interested, they will ask for your manuscript to read and evaluate.

They are "sales people" that "sell" your book-- they have to like it and believe in it.

Google the internet for agents and go to their web sites to see their requirements.

QUESTION: I have another question. How can someone get freelance editorial work?

ANSWER: To be a freelance editor? Or to hire the services of a freelance editor?

QUESTION: I'm not sure if you received my last follow-up question, but I was wondering how could someone get freelance editorial work if they were interested in editing? Thanks

Answer
Advertise on the web at the free ad sites.

Create a web page advertising editorial services, preferably be an editing service. And this requires knowledge of the various services and the fees and client/editor contract.

I am a professional editor and own my own editorial service.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett