Writing Books/Need help to bring a writing project to life

Hello, thanks for your time, writing is not my background. I have never written any books. But, about 3 years ago, The idea came to me while I was meditating. It's really hard to believe, the characters, the concept, all jumped out at me. I don't have a budget, I would like some guidance if possible, If I could possible get someone to ghostwrite, or basically show me how to bring this tea to life I would really appreciate it.  Again, thanks for your time

Hi, melvin!

Sorry for the delay in responding, but my ISP has been down for a couple of days. Yes, ghost writers exist, but they're not cheap. It's a paying job for them, so they expect a certain wage based on the amount of effort put into the project. The average cost for a ghost written novel is $8,000-$25,000. Sometimes a ghost writer will accept part payment and a piece of the royalties. But it will be up to you to find a paying publisher (not a subsidy publisher where you pay them.)

But is there a reason why you don't feel you can write this? Writing really isn't *anyone's* background. It's a learning process of trial and error. Every writer starts pretty much at the bottom and works through multiple drafts. There are some great places to get started to learn, so if you're interested, drop me back a follow-up and I'll point you to some sites to learn how.

Good luck either way!

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp

I'm happy to answer questions about any aspect of writing novels, from the beginning kernel of an idea through completion. I can help with writing a query letter and synopsis to an agent or editor. I can explain publishing terminology and acronyms. I can also assist with questions about verifying the credentials of agents/publishers and how to proceed once you've been accepted for publication. I can teach the rules of formatting a manuscript, creating viable plots, characterization and flow in the following genres: romance, science fiction, fantasy, thrillers, suspense, horror, women's fiction, mainstream and mystery.

I'm a USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance for Tor/Forge Books. Along with a co-author, I've published fifteen novels (combination of mass market and trade softcover) since 2003, and have contracts for four more books through 2011.

Romance Writers of America, Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Western Outdoor Writers, Horror Writers of America.

Tor/Forge Books, Western Reflections Publishing, BenBella Books, Running Press, Wild Child Publishing. Many others.

My educational background is limited to real life experience of publishing novels commercially for the past five years.

USA Today bestseller, Waldenbooks Mass Market Paperback Top 20 bestseller, Nielsen BookScan Top 20 bestseller, RT BOOKreviews Career Achievement Award winner, 2009, Book Buyers Best Award for Paranormal, Romantic Times Best Werewolf Novel, Write Touch Readers Award, EVVY Best Historical Chronicle Award, The Lories Best Paranormal. Many others.