Writing Books/Okay - so no copyright infringement but...

What about if I wanted to use characters that no one has claim to creating - like Greek Gods - that's safe, correct?

Thanks for the help, on my other question.

If you are creating Greek gods, it sounds like fantasy/sci-fi genre and most anything you create is believable due to the unlimited possibilities....

(Just thought I'd throw that in there)

Yes, you can create Greek gods of any name. I believe you can use a real name of Greek gods even, using authentic historical myth, because they are myths and not real.

It would be more fun to create your own, but be sure to research the myths of the Greek gods to help you create believable material.

Good luck with it-- it sounds like a fun project and a fun read.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.