Writing Books/queries

In "On Writing" King has a model query where a person lists the short stories he has gotten published in small low paying or no paying magazines with small price earned.
The letter says agent can look at published pieces and the writer has written a book and is looking for an agent. What do you think of this method?
Does "unpublished"  to them mean not published at all, or that the author hasn't published a book before?

Hi Demetrius,

I think that you are better not to submit any unpublished work to an agent other than your manuscript for the book you want them to represent. If your book is good and agent will leap on it. If they see other work which they dislike (even though you might think it is fine), then they will probably reject the entire thing without fully considering it.

Go only with your major work

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon

Author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a memoir and children's fiction.I can work with people on the process of writing, what to expect and ask for from an editor. How to work with the publisher`s marketing and publicity people. And how to survive book launches and publicity tours!

Published author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a young adult and three non-fiction titles. Visit his Moroccan blog at http://www.riadzany.blogspot.com for a look at his blogging work.

St Andrews, Helsinki University and other institutions. Adult Educator of the Year Award, Australia