Writing Books/queries

Question
Hi
In "On Writing" King has a model query where a person lists the short stories he has gotten published in small low paying or no paying magazines with small price earned.
The letter says agent can look at published pieces and the writer has written a book and is looking for an agent. What do you think of this method?
Does "unpublished"  to them mean not published at all, or that the author hasn't published a book before?

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Demetrius,

I think that you are better not to submit any unpublished work to an agent other than your manuscript for the book you want them to represent. If your book is good and agent will leap on it. If they see other work which they dislike (even though you might think it is fine), then they will probably reject the entire thing without fully considering it.

Go only with your major work

Cheers

Sandy  

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon