Writing Books/Would you be willing...

Question
Dear Ms. Balliett,

I was wondering if you'd be willing to look over the first six chapters of my book? I realize it's a tall order and understand that you're very busy. However, I'm a new writer and desperate for any and all criticism I can get. Anything you could advise would be so helpful, thank you.

Yours truly,

Samantha

Here's the link just incase you are interested:
http://www.worthyofpublishing.com/book.asp?book_ID=1711

Answer
Hi Samantha,

I clicked the link, read your reviews, and clicked the first chapter.

The opening is too informative, reading like a fact sheet.

I have not read it all, but I will soon.

I would suggest opening the first chapter with a different approach to draw the reader into the story right off.

Let me read it to make some valid suggestions of how and what you can do.

I normally charge for this, as I am an editor, not just a writer.

It will take some time, but you can contact me by email: jannieballiett@yahoo.com (my personal email)...

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett