Writing Books/Writing a foreword

Question
QUESTION: Hello,
I am in the process of writing my first cookbook. I need to know if a foreword can be written by a friend/family member instead of a famous person.

Thank you,
Connie Lane

ANSWER: Put together the manuscript the way you would like it to appear in print.  Then if and when you get a publisher, the editor will undoubtedly suggest changes.

Good luck.

Richard Seltzer, seltzer@samizdat.com

QUESTION: Richard,
What is usually the way it's done? From what you have experienced. Is it friend/family member or famous person?

Thank you,
Connie

Answer
The format of the published book is determined by the editor, after you find a publisher.  As I said before, you should assemble the book the way you would like it to appear, with whatever forward you want.  Then if and when you find a publisher, be flexible.

Good luck.

Richard

Writing Books

Richard Seltzer