Writing Books/How to become an Editor?

Question
Hello Mam!!
This is not about publishing a book, but please advice as this is regarding your profession.

I had completed my MBA(marketing) last year. I realized long ago that I am NOT made for that typical corporate job, but still I completed my MBA since I was already half way through with it.
I had been working as a secretary for 8 months, though I quit the job last month to pursue my real career interests.

I realize that my true interest lies in content writing, editing, proof reading etc. I have  good written & verbal communication skills, & also a creative mind. Through out my students days, my professors had always appreciated my way of expression & report writing. A paper I wrote for an assignment had been accepted for publication in the management journal of a prominent university in my country.
Also I had once been the student editor of my school magazine when I was much younger. I had thoroughly  loved that job.  During my college days also, I used to edit & proof read my classmates' reports ( of course unofficially, since I loved doing this work)

So now, I really want to get into this profession of editing & proof reading.

What would be the best thing to do now ? I know this might be a difficult thing, but still I believe it must be possible.
Should I send out my cover letter (written for this career change) & C.V to all the publishers in my city?

( I live in India, so please advice keeping in mind the socio-economic scenario of my country)

Thanks & regards,
K.N

Answer
You can send out your cover letter and resume to prospects, but since you have no professional experience, you might need to start at the bottom and move up.

Take on any job in any position; proof reader for a newspaper or magazine, etc. and work your way up.  

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett