Writing Books/How do you publish a book?

QUESTION: How long does it take to publish a book?

ANSWER: Once the publisher's editors and author have finalized the book's edits: and there are always many, many edits and revisions, it takes approximately 1 year.

QUESTION: Are you mad at me?

What? What a\on earth makes you ask that question?

You can not just publish a book-- you have to have a literary agent to represent you-- and the agent summits the manuscript to proper publishers that are interested in the genre-- and it goes from there.

An author just about can not get a book published without an agent because publishers do not accept unsolicited manuscripts.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.