Writing Books/Copyright Page

Question
QUESTION: I'm self publishing a book that I had copyrighted with the Library of Congress a few years ago. Of course the company that is publishing the book automatically refers to the year in which the was published as the copyright date. Can you tell me if it is appropriate to include the original copyright date. If so, is it correct to say "Originally copyrighted March 1, 2006 by ---------"(author's name)or "Original Copyright...? Thanks in advance for your help!

ANSWER: It is appropriate to include the original copyright date.

QUESTION: Thanks for letting me know. What wording should be used to include the original copyright date? Can you provide an example of what is acceptable?

Answer
On the inside- first page to the left is the original copyright date, the publisher and publishing date, library of congress info and SN etc., etc. No other dates are relevant.

Your publisher's editor handles all that- but pick up any book and you will see.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett