Writing Books/Thriller writing.

Im 17 and I'm really interested in writing either a thriller play or a thriller book. At my school they don't offer classes for Creative Writing which is really sad because I would love to learn how to write a book that really grips a reader.
I was trying to think of a way to create a twist at the end of the novela and I read somewhere in a book called Sanctuary that the character narrating the book could be dead, and I though that sounded interesting and that I could work on that somehow, however, it is someone else's idea and I wouldn't like to take that from them.
Are there any methods in ways I can learnt how to write a classic thriller play/novel that you can suggest for me please?
Thank you

I recommend joining a writers workshop group.

Google them and see. Then pick one.

But, I highly recommend a pay site. One that you pay monthly or annually for membership.

The one I joined and learned a wealth from was

There are published writers there, writers that are getting published, and seasoned writers as well as beginners.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.