Writing Books/I'm interested in writing and publishing a book

Hello, I am a teen and I love to write. I have an anxiety disorder and I'm interested in writing a book to help other teens cope with anxiety. I was wondering how I can publish a book and get it into stores? I have not yet written my book, but I will soon begin. Would I have to pay to get it published? Also, are there any important things I should be aware of before writing or publishing a book? Any other useful information will be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Danielle,

You can not just simply "publish" a book, unless you self-publish, which does cost $1,000's.

In order to get traditional publishing, hire a literary agent to represent you and the book.

Since it is a self-help and life experience book, and for teens, the literary agent needs to be an agent that specializes in that genre also.

He has the traditional publishers that accept that "genre."

I would first suggest joining a writers workshop to learn all you can about the writing rules, tips and tricks, and all there is to learn from more seasoned writers-- ones that have written and learned for years and years, whether published or not.

My recommendation is a paid site. I recommend to join up. It charges monthly, or you can pay yearly.

There are seasoned writers there, and there are published writers there.

I spent years there and learned more there from those writers than I would have in a college.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.