Writing Books/How do I get published?

Hello, I am a 17 year old girl who's been dying to write a novel since the age of 8. I remember sitting down and drawing out my ideas, and when I got into my teens I started to actually write them down. It's a dream I've had for the longest time, and if I ever do finish a story (hasn't happened yet, but possibly one day!) I would like the know where to send it.
I'd really like the help since pretty much everywhere I go I get ideas for a story. I have so many ideas for stories and I would love to have my own imagination and tales shared with other people. :)

Thanks so much! -Kayla

It takes years and years and years to become a writer.

Join an Online writers group and learn all you can about the writing rules and tips from seasoned writers. is where I learned for years-- it is a paid site though, but there are members that are published authors and can help.

There are free sites too.

You have to complete a manuscript-- hire a literary agent, and the agent will represent you and send your manuscript to the right publishers.

Publishers DO NOT accept unsolicited manuscripts.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.