Writing Books/Secret Sins of the Mothers

Question
I was lent this book by your niece, Susan Twigg Peterson, my best friend, & am wondering how much of this fabulous story is actual history. I'm so looking forward to reading your next book. Thanks,

Answer
Hi Suzanne,

You must be a relative of Susan's, right? Good to hear from you and I am so glad you enjoyed the book.  If you try to get the second, it is currently out of print and you may have to borrow Susan's.  I will try to get it back into print asap.

The book is based on certain facts, but I have taken quite a few liberties with those facts.  Here is how I came to write this particular story.

One night b ack in 1996, while researching family tree online, I was in a chat room from SC.  A man named Michael asked the question:  "How many of you had an ancestor who was "accidently" shot while hunting?"  

His meaning was clear...that the accident may not have been an accident.  I had such a situation with my Great Grandfather John Bunch.  His pregnant wife died after a fall. Soon after, he married his daughter's best friend, quite a few years younger than himself.  45 days later he was accidently shot while out hunting, or that is how it was written in the newspaper.  I merely asked the question: What if it had not been an accident. Who would have done it and why?  And I proceeded to invent all the rest in order to answer that question.

The other two books are totally and completely fiction, but the fourth, which is comming out soon, has part that is also based on certain facts, with the remainder fiction.

Let me hear from you again. You can find me on Facebook, or my email is:  dkmr2008@verizon.net

Sincerely,
Dorothy  

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris