Writing Books/Getting over the hump...

Question
I was wondering if you have any advice for getting "over the hump?" I have
several novels begun, but I seem to get about 50-100 pages in and get stuck.
Any advice?

Answer
If you have "several" started, then you aren't committed and don't like the stories you have begun.

If you did really like one, you would be extremely inspired to continue.

So inspired and enthusiastic about it, that you would not be able to stop writing, or thinking about your next idea for it, next chapter, the editing; adding to it, rearranging it, etc.

Apparently you like writing, but are not committed to anything you've started.

First, make an outline of your story, an outline of the main characters; a character profile-- all physical and characteristic info, then a plot, and subplots, and allow the characters to evolve and write the story giving you subplots within the plot of the main story idea,
using conflicts and resolutions.

You do not have what is considered "writers block" because you haven't committed yourself to one book idea.

Stay with one and do not start anything else.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett