Writing Books/Getting over the hump...

Question
I was wondering if you have any advice for getting "over the hump?" I have
several novels begun, but I seem to get about 50-100 pages in and get stuck.
Any advice?

Answer
Hello Stephen:

You have not given me enough information to answer your question. Why do you get stuck? Are you bored with the story or the characters? Do you know where you are going and how the story will end? What will happen in the middle? What do you feel when you get stuck on the hump?

Come back with the answers to these questions and I will try to help you further.

You also may want to try this: write a one-page synopsis of your story. If you have not planned it out, do so. Add to the synopsis until it reaches about 10 pages. Keep adding according to your plan. Don't stop to edit yourself, just keep adding to the synopsis until all the important things are in, and you have 10 or more pages.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high scores over 1900 questions.

Thank you for writing!

Writing Books

Susan Rand