Writing Books/Thriller and Prose

Question
Hi Cathy, I have just made a decision to try to write some books. I am an avid reader of the Thriller/Suspense genre thus want to give it a try fro several books. I've come up with ideas and written down notes. As time has gone by, I've written more notes and am just itching to give it a try. I need a few more books to read specifically with multiple protagonists and antagonists in one book. I need to read the style. Do you have any recommendations in this genre?

Secondly, is there any book I can read as a kind of tutorial that can assist in the intricacies of prose?

Thank you for your help.

Answer
Pretty much any book by Robert Ludlum or David Baldacci would suit your purposes. They both use multiple protagonists (Ludlum can use up to 7 protagonists in a single book).

I'm not quite sure how to answer your second question. There are any number of good quality books on the writing process out there. If you look in the self-help, writing section of your bookstore or library, you'll find a bunch of them. Is there a particular aspect of writing you're struggling with? Narrative, description, plotting or dialogue? Different books cover different things.

Good luck!

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp