Writing Books/Using Real Events in a Novel

Question
I am attempting to write my first novel and I want to open it (and use throughout the book, possibly) real events from Yankee games I attended/watched. Is it all right to describe real games and use real player's names, or is there some rule against it? Thanks.

Answer
Using Yankee player's names and any reference to the Yankees is a copyright infringement.

The Yankees own the trademark and name, they "own" the players and team. You can not reference them without direct permission and of course, they will not give it to you.

They own it all and all reference to the Yankees, therefore, is infringing on their trademark, and the money they earn, any money earned in the future...

As far as mentioning real events- that would be difficult due to not being permitted to name the players and Yankees name.

Make something up to substitute the team name, players, etc. based on the events you have witnessed.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett