Writing Books/book sales

Hi. I'm not sure if you can answer this or not, but what is considered a successful book, for a first-time writer as well as someone who has a few books published? Thanks

That's kind of a generic question because what do you personally feel and measure "success" and your agent and publisher?

If sales aren't a certain percentage, then the publisher will remove them and mark the book as out of stock so he doesn't have to print and waste resources.

A successful book receives reviews, thus being in the front running for shelves. First-time authors need to promote their book themselves and have a publisher willing to help in order to be noticed and have that author name familiar.

A previously published author should already have all the blood, sweat, and tears behind him or her.

An author website promoting the book(s) and author, combined with placing the book on Amazon and Online book stores for sales and orders, as well as in bookstores; main ones such as Barnes & Nobles, etc. is a must.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.