Writing Books/My first novel

Question
Hi-
I've just relocated and am starting my first novel. I had a question before I start organizing my thoughts and notes. How come at the heading of each page when you're reading a novel, book, etc., there is the title of the book on one heading and the very next page has the chapter title on that heading?
I hope you know what I'm talking about:)
Thank you,
Melissa

Answer
Not all novels are formatted that way.  In many (including mine), the title is on one header and the author's name is on the other.  It's all up to the publisher.  But the function is pretty clear: the more often you see it, the more you'll remember it.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales