Writing Books/real life issues

I have lived abroad now for 20 years, and would like to write a book about my experiences working for a leading travel company,as the resort welfare!! also my everyday experiences whilst living in Greece. How would I go about this?

thankyou for you help.

No one can tell someone how to begin and where to start writing a book.

You are a writer, or you are not.

You must know all the writing rules, and there are so many, too many to list.

You must know all the basics. You must know through actual writing experience.

It takes the average writer 10-20 years to know enough to write and get published.

And to get published is the hardest endeavor of them all. Just because you wrote a New York Times best seller does not mean you will automatically get published. There are variables to consider that play a big part in that success.

Join an Online writers group/writers workshop.

Read what they offer on the menu in the shops. (Google and research Online, all the writing rules, tips, and the websites that teach them. It took me years of that to begin with confidence)...

Post and ask questions, join in and participate. Write and post your writing for honest criticism and critique, and learn from them. Edit and revise and repost.

It takes more than a good subject, even if it is a subject of personal experience, to write about it and become a writer.

I always said that if you have to ask that question, you are not a writer yet. One must learn about writing before they become a writer, just as a professional teacher must learn how to teach and get their degrees before becoming a teacher. Same with lawyers, engineers, and so forth.

Good luck with the workshops and groups. You will enjoy them. They will help you and expand your ideas into reality.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.