Writing Books/role play

Question
In writing in a role play i have found out that my writing ability is not at the same level as those who i am writing with, how do i ensure that i can be on the same writing level as those who that I'm writing with. Thanks.

Answer
Hi, JP!

I'd suggest you spend some time reading the novelizations of the Dungeons & Dragons role games by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro, along with any novels in the world you're writing in (if any have been done yet.) With role playing, it's not just a matter of setting tasks for the players, but getting a "feel" for the world. That's a level of narrative skill that can certainly be learned, but it's easiest by reading how others have done it.

Does that help any, or do you have more specific questions about what sort of writing you feel isn't quite up to par with the others in your group?

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp