Writing Books/role play

In writing in a role play i have found out that my writing ability is not at the same level as those who i am writing with, how do i ensure that i can be on the same writing level as those who that I'm writing with. Thanks.

Hi, JP!

I'd suggest you spend some time reading the novelizations of the Dungeons & Dragons role games by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro, along with any novels in the world you're writing in (if any have been done yet.) With role playing, it's not just a matter of setting tasks for the players, but getting a "feel" for the world. That's a level of narrative skill that can certainly be learned, but it's easiest by reading how others have done it.

Does that help any, or do you have more specific questions about what sort of writing you feel isn't quite up to par with the others in your group?

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp

I'm happy to answer questions about any aspect of writing novels, from the beginning kernel of an idea through completion. I can help with writing a query letter and synopsis to an agent or editor. I can explain publishing terminology and acronyms. I can also assist with questions about verifying the credentials of agents/publishers and how to proceed once you've been accepted for publication. I can teach the rules of formatting a manuscript, creating viable plots, characterization and flow in the following genres: romance, science fiction, fantasy, thrillers, suspense, horror, women's fiction, mainstream and mystery.

I'm a USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance for Tor/Forge Books. Along with a co-author, I've published fifteen novels (combination of mass market and trade softcover) since 2003, and have contracts for four more books through 2011.

Romance Writers of America, Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Western Outdoor Writers, Horror Writers of America.

Tor/Forge Books, Western Reflections Publishing, BenBella Books, Running Press, Wild Child Publishing. Many others.

My educational background is limited to real life experience of publishing novels commercially for the past five years.

USA Today bestseller, Waldenbooks Mass Market Paperback Top 20 bestseller, Nielsen BookScan Top 20 bestseller, RT BOOKreviews Career Achievement Award winner, 2009, Book Buyers Best Award for Paranormal, Romantic Times Best Werewolf Novel, Write Touch Readers Award, EVVY Best Historical Chronicle Award, The Lories Best Paranormal. Many others.