Writing Books/writing courses

Question
I would like to find out what sort of courses one should apply for when it comes to writing novels or short stories for magazines.  I cannot decide on what sort of courses I should look at and the institutions or course writing businesses that are reputable and can offer what they advertise.  I have heard about overseas writing companies such as the Writers Bureau and Long Ridge Writers Group.  What is your view in this regard?

Answer
Hi,sumi!

Frankly, I don't know of many popular fiction authors who have taken such courses. Most of us "learn on the job" by reading voraciously and practice writing (having beta readers and critique groups to smooth out spots.) So, unfortunately, I don't know which courses might be good. I can't imagine a correspondence course would be as helpful as an in-class one where you can see other people's writings to learn from. Sorry I'm not of more help, but good luck.

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp